At Taylor Park we believe learning takes place at home and at school. The Parent Advisory Council functions as a valuable liaison in the school home-school partnership and supports worthwhile projects, events and activities at Taylor Park.
Dates of upcoming meetings are posted on classroom windows and in the monthly calendar. PAC meetings are held each month.
An Annual General Meeting is held each May. The PAC executive is nominated and elected at this meeting by those parents who attend.
- Chairs P.A.C. meetings
- Calls and chairs executive meeting
- Ensures that an agenda is prepared
- Makes sure that meetings are conducted in an orderly fashion
- Ensures that Council activities are aimed at achieving the purposes set out in the constitution
- Assists the Chair where necessary
- Chairs P.A.C. meetings when the Chair cannot attend
- Keeps accurate minutes and attendance records at meetings
- Clarifies wording of motions before any notes are taken
- Makes minutes available prior to monthly council meetings
- Chairs P.A.C. meetings in the absence of the Chair & Vice-Chair
- Keeps accurate records of funds, receipts and expenditures
- Follows guidelines for finances outlined in the constitution
- Provides a report at each P.A. C. meeting
- Attends all meetings of Burnaby DPAC and represents, speaks and votes on behalf of the Council
- Reports regularly to the membership and executive on all matters relating to the DPAC
- Receives, circulates, and posts DPAC newsletters, brochures, and announcements
FUND RAISING CHAIR
- oversees fund raising operations
November 2016 PAC Meeting: taylorparkpresentationforpacnov2016